Ginseng is a nutritious herb, it is a slow growing perennial plant with fleshy roots. Ginseng is believed to restore and enhance normal well being. The herb consist of a light colored, forked shaped root relatively long stalk and green leaves with an oval shape.
Ginseng is used to aid a number of medical conditions.
Benefits of Ginseng
1. For weight control
- It is very effective in obesity and helpful in reducing weight.Ginseng will speed up your metabolism and make you feel more energetic throughout the day.
- Ginseng tea works as a natural appetite suppressant.
2. Cognitive function
- Ginseng helps in boosting energy levels and increase stamina, it regulates metabolism by increase use of oxygen.
- Ginseng can also help in reducing stress and recovery time in athletes.
- Ginseng tea can act as a stimulant for the brain cells and helps in improving concentration and thinking ability.
- Ginseng appears to have some beneficial effects on cognition,behavior and quality of life.
3. Type 2 diabetes
- Ginseng may also improves blood sugar by creating sugar lowering effects in fasting and after meal blood sugar level.
4. Menstrual problems
- Young women are advised to take Ginseng tea if suffers from menstrual cramps and distress.
- Ginseng tea also give relief from stomach pain associated with menstruation.
5. Male sexual function
- Ginseng tea can help men lessen symptoms of sex related conditions like erectile dysfunction.
- Ginseng tea has long been used to stimulate male sexual function.
6. Energy provider
- Ginseng may help with stimulating physical and mental activity among people who are weak and tired.
- Ginseng showed good results in helping cancer patients with fatigue.
- Ginseng helps in protecting heart health ,including anti hypertensive effects and protect against heart failure and support healthy cholesterol level.
- Ginseng include prevention of free radical damage , lowering low density lipoproteins ,lowering blood pressure in individuals with hypertension.
- Ginseng in combination with various herbs may reduce symptoms of coronary artery disease.
8. Skin care
- Ginseng has anti ageing benefits ,it contains large amount of phytonutrients which can stimulate and activate the skin metabolism,it rids your skin of the free radicals.
- Ginseng contains certain ingredients that can increase the production of collagen in the middle layer of the skin known as dermis making your skin firmer.
- Ginseng also reduces the wrinkles or fine lines on the face and other parts of the body.
- Ginseng roots are rich in vitamin ,minerals and antioxidants they help in eliminating dead skin and produce healthy new skin and brighter complexion.
- Topical apply of ginseng leaves keep your skin healthy and glowing.
- Ginseng helps in treating skin problems like acne ,eczema and rough skin.
- Ginseng treat dark circles and reduce puffiness of the eyes.
How to prepare Ginseng tea
- Cut Ginseng roots in to small pieces.
- Boil water in a vessel and pour Ginseng roots in it.
- Let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Sieve it and add honey for taste.
What is the dose level of ginseng supplements.
- One can take Dry root or tea form ginseng 0.5 to 2 gram per day.
- Standardized extract is 200 mg per day.